[Cdt-l] lightning fatalities per capita

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 15:10:40 CDT 2011

http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0882938.html

I asked about diffing options of hiking out west, and got one particular warning/reminder about lightning. (If you recall my 18th Birthday story, lightning really, ah, sparks my interest.) So I checked out the offered concern ("Colorado is nasty!") and found it ranked 8th. Hmmmm. Florida (no surprise) is way-first, but then Michigan is second. ("Huh?") But how many people are available to be hit?!? Fla, Mich, vs. CO??? Having spent the day doing macroeconomic research, I wondered if this is available on a per capita basis.

Interesting stuff!
http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0882938.html

sparkytoe