[Cdt-l] Fuel Canisters

R Smith ronyon at comcast.net
Wed Mar 23 17:09:14 CDT 2011

Mailing fuel alcohol also is allowed. I've mailed alcohol fuel via USPS
quite a few times and the box always arrived at its destination.  I always
labeled the package appropriately ("Surface Mail Only + Consumer Commodity
ORM-D" ). However, not all the post office people are familiar with these
rules and will flat out tell you that you can't mail alcohol. That is why I
always take a printed copy of the appropriate USPS regulations along with me
(see link below). One post office worker actually taped my regulations
printout onto my box.

Here is an updated USPS link for shipping alcohol, since the one in
gottawalk's link is out of date:

http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52apxc_011.htm

Take careful note of the packaging requirements.

Ron