[Cdt-l] gps with maps question

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 00:13:19 CDT 2012

I've thought about going the smartphone route but am leaning against it
becasue I am hoping to stay disconnected from the real world.

This is kind of a quirky thing with me when I get out to the wilderness.
On my last thru hike I did take a peek email device to journal with but I
only used it to send,  I didn't use it to get email.  Since peek is no
longer in business I might consider a smartphone to allow me to journal and
as a GPS but I'd probalby still use it only in the send mode.   Then again
I may just have someone transcribe my journal from paper and carry an
actual GPS unit.

Decisions decsions . . .     I'm probably one of the few people left in
this country that doesn't have a cell phone.

Day-Late