[Cdt-l] Creede Update Accomodations

thomas conover tkconover1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 11:28:27 CDT 2012

Sending this post from the outfitter here in Creede. Due to Disney filming of the Lone Ranger movie all the rooms here are taken. Stopped in at the Snowshoe Motel no rooms, but can still get a shower. However, met a local Kyle Fairchild at 501 Main St. right on the main street who offered his grassy yard to any CDT hiker to pitch overnight this season due to the situation with Disney. Just wanted to let anyone coming thru know of the opportunity. We jungled up down at the boat launch area by river last night and ran into Kyle again this morning while entering town. Kyle said to just knock on the door. The outfitter knows him also. Did the Creede cutoff due to reports of a bit more snow remaining than we wished to deal with. Sawtooth trail of the Divide is still a bit of a mess with blowdowns that have not been cleared in a couple of years it looks like. 2 hours to do the 1 1/2 miles or so and trail is a bit hard to find in the first 3/4 mile sometimes.
 Goose Creek trail is fine. Outfitter very hiker friendly and said we were the first CDT hikers he had seen this season although I know there were several ahead of us. Best wishes to all other pilgrims this season.