[Cdt-l] Gentle Reminder

Helen mhelcat at aol.com
Mon Mar 19 11:46:34 CDT 2012

I know others have got their panties in a ruffle over this idea.   But, again, I have to say that the idea of hikers each picking a small section of the CDT and helping to keep the trail marked is a great idea.  The goal would be to move to more permanent markers iver time.  Coordination would be a big  key. ... But a wiki site could do it.

I recently wrote my Congress persons about supporting various environmental/ wilderness bills .., support for the scenic trails is part of one.   Only one of them said they would consider supporting such bills.

The government isnt always going to allocate money to parks , preserves, and trails.   ESP if it is a area or trail that is not used as much as others.

Lynne's point that making the trail more accessible so that more people use it is valid.  Underuse leads to neglect...  Why would the government continue to give any money if only a tiny tiny fraction of people use the trail?

Just my quick 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone