[Cdt-l] Ghost ranch

Ron ronyon at comcast.net
Sun Nov 4 00:20:36 CDT 2012

I couldn't agree more with everything iceaxe says about Ghost Ranch -- a great place to lay over two nights, not just one.

Besides the great cafeteria, I met all types of people there and they all led interesting lives. There were professional artists, musicians, globetrotters, and the like from all over. They were the real deal -- no one seemed superficial, no one tried to sermonize me. I think Ghost Ranch has an international reputation that attracts these types of people.

Two other things I especially liked were the 24-hour library with coffee and wifi,  and no locks on any of the guest-room doors. Like iceaxe said, the place, though owned by the Presbyterians, maintains a spiritual but not religious atmosphere that everyone can feel comfortable in.

The evening before I left, they all seemed to know of my quest and that I was leaving the next morning. I was given a warm farewell.

-Ron