[Cdt-l] cell phones

thomas hogeboom thogeboom at fairpoint.net
Mon Oct 22 15:32:02 CDT 2012

I knew it was inevitable that someday I would hear a phone ringing out on
the CDT, and sure enough I did hear one ring in the Colorado Rockies in
the summer of 2011. It was off-putting and unwelcome. Some of us like to
tune in to the sights and sounds of the wilderness. Phones ringing and
people jibbering into them is part of what I go out there to get away
from.

I would respectfully ask hikers who insist on carrying cell phones to
simply switch the ring to vibrate. Thanks in advance for considering
others!