[Cdt-l] full circle on the Northern New Mexico Loop

Brett blisterfree at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 22:27:54 CDT 2012

>>Glad to see you paid it not only to the Pecos (very awesome) but also
the Latir Peak wilderness. A small area that feels surprisingly remote.<<

I couldn't resist Latir after reading about Mags' trip to the area:

http://www.pmags.com/sauntering-in-the-sangres-latir-peak-wilderness

Although... Another good option exists that would spend more time in the Rio Grande Gorge (heading south, then east), then bypass Latir in favor of more time spent in the Columbine-Hondo WSA, much of which looks to be equally wild and scenic, albeit without as many nice lakes.

Latir Peak Wilderness was fantastic, though. Not a soul in there this early summer, either, with ongoing construction at Cabresto Dam and the attendant trailhead closure.

- Brett

?Thanks for sharing.? I think northern New Mexico is a gem many people ignore.? Their loss. :)

Glad to see you paid it not only to the Pecos (very awesome) but also the Latir Peak wilderness. A small area that feels surprisingly remote.

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.twitter.com/pmagsco
http://www.facebook.com/pmags