[Cdt-l] Atlantic City

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 16:04:42 CDT 2013

Ditto that for 2012 Peanut Eater.  The folks with the tepee were incredibly
hiker friendly.  The business is the:   Miner's Grubstake, 150 East
Atlantic City Main St, Atlantic City, WY 82520, 307-332-0915  We sent our
packages there and they were happy to hold them.  Give them a call to make
sure they are still doing it before sending a package.  They let some folks
stay overnight in the tepee.  They menu is very limited, but all you've got
to do is ask.  They've got all kinds of stuff they will cook up that isn't
on the sheet.  We had shrimp and steaks and an all round great dinner, but
it was all cooked up special.  Super friendly and very outgoing.

Atlantic City also has a brand new Community center with 8 or 9 computers,
right next to the firehouse.  You walk right by it as you come into town.
 It is open limited days, but we hit it right. They were incredibly helpful
to a whole bunch of us who dropped in unexpectedly without a room anywhere.
 The Mercantile was closed when we got there, so didn't get to experience
the hospitality, or lack thereof, while we were there.  Clearly the town is
a mixed bag at this point, but the Miner's Grubstake and the community
center were wonderful.

Shroomer