[Cdt-l] iPhone Apps

Jim Eagleton eagletonjim at aol.com
Wed Oct 30 12:54:07 CDT 2013

I used Gaia with one of their recommended free topo maps and Bear Creek Waypoints.  You should look into actual routes, maybe Starman's?

Gaia costs ca. $20, I did not  donate to Bear Creek, but bought their mapbook.

It also worked well for the Colorado Trail, West Highland Way (Scotland) and the Camino (Spain).

I down loaded the maps a week or two at a time (over wifi) by scrolling over the trail at reasonable viewing scale.

I occasionally used a 5600 mah external battery, and always used the Lifeproof case, which I kept in a Ziploc (especially in the dusty desert.)

Rambler