[Cdt-l] umbrellas

tbradnc tbradnc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 06:32:31 CST 2015

Since hiking the PCT I've become an umbrella convert.   They're very useful
for a lot of things.   Since I've been using a tarp I find I use my
umbrella as a wind / rain block quite often.

It's also great for just getting out of the rain.   I was thru hiking the
Sheltowee Trace trail in KY earlier this month and it was pouring down
rain.   I decided that a cup of coffee would be nice so I pulled off the
trail and brewed a cup and enjoyed it under my umbrella.   It was quite
nice, sitting there in the pouring down rain, sipping on a cup of coffee
under my umbrella.   ;-)

They're definitely not a necessity but can be quite handy for more than
just rain.