[Cdt-l] getting back to Lordsburg

matthew lesniewicz mlesswicz at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 21 11:57:49 CDT 2015

If you can make it to Pagosa it would be well worth the effort getting the first taste of CO alpine. But you will need to hitch to Chama for transit.
1-There is the RTD small blue bus connection between Chama and  Santa Fe. www.ncrtd.orgNot sure if it stops in Espanola for an exchange or is a direct link all the way.
In Espanola there is another larger system Park and Ride that definitely connects Espanola to Santa. NMDOT Park & Ride
|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| NMDOT Park & RideThis service is available to the general public at the following one way fares: Espaola - Los Alamos - $2.00 Espaola - Santa Fe - $2.00 Las Vegas - Santa Fe - $3.00... |
|  |
| View on dot.state.nm.us | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

2-Then it would be a matter of picking up the Rail Runner train out of Santa Fe to Albuquerque. Rio Metro Regional Transit District Official Site - Weekday
|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Rio Metro Regional Transit District Official Site - Week...New Mexico Rail Runner Express weekday train schedule. Spanning 100 miles from Santa Fe to Belen through the beautiful Rio Grande Valley, the train corridor has 13 ... |
|  |
| View on riometro.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

3-Then in Albuquerque you can catch the Greyhound south to Las Cruces and continue west to Lordsburg depot.Train depot and bus depot are in the same vicinity. FYI- Greyhound closed it's Santa Fe depot.
Or consider renting a car out of Santa or ABQ. The rental will only take you as far as Las Cruces though. You would still have to catch greyhound to Lords. There is no rental car business in Lordsburg.
Not sure where one could leave a car in Lordsburg. Storage garage? KOA or our new hiker friendly hosts at Econo lodge? The meeting place of the CDTC shuttle service.Consider the opposite approach to all of this.
Hope this helps
vd