[pct-l] AOL is now free

Lonetrail at aol.com Lonetrail at aol.com
Wed Aug 2 21:29:06 CDT 2006

Dear AOL Member,

I want to let you know about some exciting changes  happening at AOL. Our
service has always provided both a way to connect to the  Web and an entertaining
online destination once you're connected.

Today  we are announcing that AOL's software, email, and many compelling AOL
features  -- including your Address Book, Screen Name, the Buddy List® feature
and more --  will be free to everyone with an Internet connection.

What Does  This Mean for You?

Nothing about your service arrangement with  us will change unless you want
it to. Your current plan, which includes 24/7  customer support, unlimited
email storage, your email addresses and all the AOL  content and services you rely
on, will still be there for you.

Even if  you choose a different high-speed provider from the one you use to
connect to  the Internet today:
    *   You can keep your AOL Screen Name and email address for as long as
you  want to use it, completely free;
    *   You can continue to use your AOL software, and you can still get all
your  favorite features and content, completely free;
    *   You will still get the most comprehensive free set of safety and
security  tools available, plus world-class, high-speed content like video, music
and  more.
All of this is free, no matter who provides your  Internet connection.

Why Is AOL Doing This?

We're  simply changing with the times. There are many options for Internet
access,  whether it's dial-up or broadband. At the same time, a lot of online
content and  services are now available on the Web free of charge because they
are supported  by advertising. So, while your Internet connectivity needs may
change over time,  what you love about the Web does not. We are now able to
ensure that the  familiar AOL experience, your Screen Name, your Address Book,
your Buddy List,  your Favorite Places, and other content and features you
enjoy, will always be  available to you for free.

In September, you will be hearing about more  changes and other new features
at AOL. Until then, you can visit AOL  Keyword: _New AOL_
(http://dc.aol.com/cgi-bin25/DM/y/jn3j0ysHrp0I6J0KQV0EF)  for  more information and to sign up for
informative email  alerts.

Sincerely,

Jon Miller