[pct-l] Varied Thrush

Brett blisterfree at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 11:54:19 CDT 2006

A couple of helpful responses came in re: the mystery bird -
many thanks. Yet since the hardcore ornithological
constituency of pct-l appears to have flown the coup, I'm
left to raise, answer, and expand upon my own inquiries
unsquelched by the usual erudite pedanticism. Otherwise,
it's a shame.

The bird is indeed a varied thrush. Without question the
most haunting avian sound between Mexico and Canada,
especially given its relative obscurity. The following links
don't do justice, but perhaps would jog the collective
primordial memory.

http://identify.whatbird.com/obj/200/_/target.aspx

http://www.birdnote.org/uploadedFiles/Birdnote/2005/March/secretive-varied-thrush-podcast(1).mp3

- blisterfree

Simblissity Ultralight :: One-of-a-Kind Designs for the
Great Outdoors
www.simblissity.net