[pct-l] Solar panels

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Wed Aug 16 06:09:23 CDT 2006

Greetings!
	Next year I plan to carry a custom GPS unit and a camera that takes
AAs rather than 'camera batteries' so that I can easily purchase new
ones along the way. However the GPS unit lasts only 16-20 hours on
four AAs and I don't want to lug 3lb of batteries with me the whole
way so I'm looking to solar power for a solution. I like the idea of
the Solio iPod charger, because it has it's own built in battery, so
if it is gathering more energy than it is giving out it can store
some up for the times I'm in the shade or night hiking. Butt it also
looks like the cells are pretty small compared the object size so I'm
still looking for alternatives. Does anyone here have a
recommendation for fairly light solar cells that could sit on top of
a pack and make use of all those wonderful UV rays?

Cheers,
	Craig