[pct-l] SuperSecrets of Backpacking

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Aug 23 07:15:25 CDT 2006

My latest entertainment scheme is to use Sony noise canceling ear  bud
headphones with my small FM/AM radio on the trail and in camp.  I  bought mine at
BestBuy.  These are expensive ($100) and cost a lot more  than my radio, but
they actually work.

If it is windy or noisy these headphones cut down on the  background noise on
the trail or in camp.  I also use them in my local  restaurant when I want to
eat and listen to a radio program.  You can still  hear talking, etc., but it
is reduced.

I turned them off and on in the restaurant to check the reduction  of
background noise.  It is pretty neat how they work.

The headphones take a AAA battery to work.  The ones I got  are white in
color to match my radio.  I like to be color matched on the  trail and look sharp
at all times.

Your  hiking buddy, Switchback
Trail  DJ and Rock Star