[pct-l] Cows

Jim Keener jlkeener at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 11:27:39 CDT 2006

Warning - hiker story

I think it was January 2004 and I was backpacking with
a friend in the Sunol/Ohlone Wilderness in the San
Francisco Bay Area. It snowed! Oh, and we got lost.
We came upon a herd of cattle straddling the trail and
they separated as we approached - two cows heading
down the trail ahead of us. After about a quarter of a
mile, the cows began mooing plaintively and looking
back at us. That's when we heard the herd behind us,
gallumphing down the trail. We ran behind some rocks
and the herd circled around us, then wandered away.
They didn't cow us! ;=)

J J

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060830/od_nm/switzerland_cows_dc_1