[pct-l] Trail name

Vic Hanson vichansonperu at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 21:27:25 CST 2006

Vic,

How on earth did you acquire your trail name??????

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija

  Christine,

  I had a 5 lb. bag of sugar at the KO this year, was trying to share it with other hikers but none needed any. I ended up giving it to the coffee table there. Anyway, I got my trail name from it, which was good for lots of strange looks and laughs, being I am a missionary. One of the best was in Cascade Locks, I was hiking with Pang and Swiss Miss. We got into town on Sunday morning and I had gone to church right after we had breakfast, dirty and stinky. I introduced myself to the pastor as Vic Hanson, a missionary from Peru, who was hiking the PCT. He invited us to the church picnic they were having that afternoon. After church, I went looking for Pang and Swiss Miss, while they went to the church looking for me. Swiss Miss found the pastor and said she was looking for Sugar Daddy, a hiker who had been at the service. The pastor had second thoughts about this "missionary" he had met earlier! We went to the picnic and had a great time, and a big laugh as the pastor told
 the story.

  Sugar Daddy

Check out my yahoo blog for info and pictures of my PCT hike:
http://360.yahoo.com/vichansonperu

Check out my MSN blog for current and past photos and stories of my adventures in Peru:
http://spaces.msn.com/members/vichanson/