[pct-l] (no subject)

Scott Polewach spolewach at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 14 23:27:26 CST 2006

Ok....So I've been planning on quitting my jobs in July and doing a SOBO of
the PCT.  Thing is, I don't like work nearly as much as I like hiking, and
I'm apparently really good at saving money (read 'cheap') when I have the
proper motivation.  Now, I'd like to NOBO and leave in mid-May.

1. How hot is the desert going to be?

2.  Are the water caches all going to be gone?

3.  When will I need to pick up bug netting?

4.  Are good desert hiking shirts silk, cotton, or polyester?

5.     How many miles/day does the 'pack' average?

Thanks,

Hermes