[pct-l] Idyllwild and Tahquitz Inn situation ... here's an idea.

ed faubert edfaubert at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 20:41:20 CST 2006

Paul Mitchell <paul at bluebrain.ca> wrote:    How about this: If the Tahquitz Inn folks have had a few bad apples give
them the impression that hikers as a whole aren't appreciative (I too
enjoyed a great break there in 03) then let's collectively do something to
remind them.

Well said Paul and the others who responded about this thread today.... you too Listo!  To help show that not all hikers are rude and ungrateful for places like the T.I., I sent a big box of sweets to the management of the place. It was from ADZPCTAKO and read on behalf of all that you do for the hikers we want to say thankyou for all you do...a side little note said not all hikers doing the PCT are bad ones.....ADZ also sent out xmas cards to all the POs from Campo to Independence as well as some of the trail angles along the way.....I did suggest to Lion King that as he knows who these bad apples were that he ask them personaly to send a card to Poohs Corner and to the Inn thanking them for what they do for you hikers. .....Xmas is not a good time to bring up the behavior of hikers on trail but it is a good time to send out cards to places along the way thanking them for their help.