[pct-l] Scott responds to attacks from JON and RANDY

Ryan Christensen yosemiteryan at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 20 02:34:22 CST 2006

Jon:
  I have rarely spoken out in this forum against the many attacks that have taken place in recent months against various people or organizations, but these statements by you warrant a response.

  Your attacks on Scott are unfounded and inappropriate. Clearly, you have not met him in person. Only in a state of blind ignorance could you have come to assumptions you have made. I have found Scott to be highly aware, humble,  and a kind person whom is passionate about the PCT.

  You imply that Scott wants “to sell it out to people who are not backpackers”. That statement reeks with elitism. So you came out of the womb with a backpack on your back? Are we not to help those whom are new to backpacking? What is the role of a mentor in this society? A teacher? It seems to me the knowledge and wisdom gained from tens of thousands of miles of experience on the PCT should be valued and treasured, for it is rare in this world. Overall camping, backpacking  and other ways of connecting with this planet are on the decline in this world—not on the rise.

  Personally I would be deeply embarrassed to have posted the statements that you have. You must be either experiencing pain or depression. Yes, the holidays can be full of stress. Perhaps a long backpack for your self is in order.

  Be Well,

  ProDeal

Jon Danniken <danniken at comcast.net> wrote:  Acu4harmony at aol.com wrote:

>I have spent a lot of time on the PCT and love this trail as
> much as anyone. This trail is my life and my love.

It's funny how other people who feel the same way haven't felt the need to
have their hikes covered by the New York Times, among others.

I guess you got some good publicity for your "workshops", though.

Jon

unsubscribe or change options: