[pct-l] pct-l Digest, Vol 38, Issue 26

Bighummel at aol.com Bighummel at aol.com
Wed Dec 20 22:10:06 CST 2006

Workshops, inspirational talks, dull slideshows of a thru-hike, incredible
presentations like Weathercarrot's, "Walk", snow and ice travel instructions,
etc., etc. are like Delicate Arch to me . . .

"Delicate Arch has the curious ability to remind us - like rock and  sunlight
and wind an wilderness - that out there is a different world, older and
greater and deeper by far than ours, a world which surrounds and sustains the
little world of men as sea and sky surround and sustain a ship."
                                                    Edward  Abbey, in Desert
Solitaire

Greg "the whore"

In a message dated 12/20/2006 12:02:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,