[pct-l] pct-l Digest, Vol 38, Issue 26

David dajada at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 22:30:49 CST 2006

My favorite Edward Abbey poem of all time, In fact I have it posted
above my desk at work so I can remember the important stuff...

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous,
leading to the most amazing view.
May your rivers flow without end, meandering through pastoral valleys
tinkling with bells, past temples and castles and poets' towers
into a dark primeval forest where tigers belch and monkeys howl, through
miasmal and mysterious swamps and down into a desert of red rock,
blue mesas, domes and pinnacles and grottos of endless stone, and down again
into a deep vast ancient unknown chasm
where bars of sunlight blaze on profiled cliffs,
where deer walk across the white sand beaches,
where storms come and go as lightning clangs upon the high crags,
where something strange and more beautiful and more full of wonder than your
deepest dreams waits for you --
beyond that next turning of the canyon walls.
                                    "Earth Prayer" Edward Abbey