[pct-l] Bears and Food

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 08:48:41 CST 2006

Reinhold Wrote:
> Also what most hikers don't realize if your hike is for 200+ miles you are
> considered a through hiker and are not required to have a canister

In 2004 I was told the same thing by the ranger stationed just north of
Pinchot Pass.
She said she could only speak for her section.

As we hiked with her over the pass she caught a couple of non thru-hikers
without a canister, so we got to see that they were treated differently.

I would love to see this in writing.

(She also told us how her and her husband got eleven days food in a
canister.  Neat advise.)

Warner Springs Monty