[pct-l] Perseid Meteors

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Thu Jul 27 18:40:43 CDT 2006

I like looking at the stars. I made the choice to buy my new tent partly based on the all-mesh top so that I could still star gaze when I need to be inside to avoid the mosquito feeding freenzy. The Perseids are expected to hit around August 12th next year and I intend to have a good seat. Have other people been look in previous years? I think being out in the wilderness would give excellent views, is it really spectacular or is the trail still too close to light pollution? Anyone ever bothered to take pictures?

~Craig