[pct-l] Ice axe

Shelly Culbertson shelly.culbertson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 21:52:43 CDT 2006

The only details I recall regard the Helix being used as brake while
glissading, including a couple occasions where the glissade was on a surface
with some ice, it became uncomfortably fast and the arrest was performed by
rolling over into the face-down position (not just digging the brake in
deeper next to the hip, from a sitting position).  I think this was on
Sonora Pass.  I know of other unplanned deployments (i.e., a slip while
walking, rather than during glissade), but not enough details to be more
specific.

Shelly