[pct-l] Section C - CA FIRE CLOSURES

Shutterbug steiner shutterbugg313 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 22 15:29:31 CDT 2006

I just got done talking with MIll Creek Ranger Station and the Fish Creek Trail to San Gorgonio just opened yesterday.  She informed me that the PCT was still closed.     She LOOSELY gave me permission as a PCTA member and as a  representative for PICKAXE and the trail Gorilla to do a TRAIL MAINTINANCE RECON.   So anybody keen on doing some RECON hiking - next week.

  They are still cleaning up the Deep Creek Corridor from the PINNACLE FIRE with 80% containment and the active fire is in the DC Canyon.  My guess is that the PCT is probably pretty ripped up but will not be able to RECON for a while.

  THIS WINTER WILL probably RUN HAVOCK - both sections are very steep and a serious water runoff zones.  It will be interesting how much trail will be left if we have an El nino winter as some are predicating.

  SB