[pct-l] McArthur-Burney Falls St Pk

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 13:52:02 CDT 2007

I remember staying in a horse camp and not paying any money.  I believe I
was told it was for hikers.  I remember coin type showers and I think the
town book said laundry near the store.  I remember paying for my resupply
box to be held, but the store had some resupply items that would hold a
person for a few days.  I remember NO CHEESEBURGERS after thinking about a
cheeseburger for days.  (My hiking partner was singing "Cheeseburger in
Paradise" from Old Station to Ashland).  An older report said they served
cheeseburgers.  I remember hearing about the Town of Burney, I think a 9
mile hike from the trail, where a lot of hikers go to resupply instead.  I
remember wishing I went there instead......................... for a
CHEESEBURGER.

This year I will resupply at the State Park again.  No cheeseburger, but it
was still pretty nice.

Warner Springs Monty