[pct-l] Travelers cheques/checks

Jeff Moorehead jeffmoorehead1 at cox.net
Mon Apr 9 14:42:34 CDT 2007

Craig,
 I also thought it would be a good idea to carry travelers checks instead of
cash. This had worked well in the past, but unfortunately modern society has
replaced them with the check/ATM card. Most places would eventually take the
traveller's checks and  regard them with a "same as cash" status, but it
always took the approval of the manager because most people didn't know what
a traveler's check was. However, I learned from a few of the more savvy
establishments that check fraud is an issue here, what with these
'new-fangled' scanners and printers. Think about it, when was the last time
you saw Carl Muldon saying "don't leave home without them"? I fear they may
have gone the way of the saber tooth cat...
Whiptail