[pct-l] Hitching back from Idylwild

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Sun Apr 15 11:57:42 CDT 2007

I'm planning on being ahead of the KO herd by setting off next week and hitching back. If I get away early enough I might be reaching Idylwild when I need to turn around and come back. At that point I'll have two choices. Highway 74 (Pines to Palms Highway) or another 30 miles on to the Devils Slide Trail and into Idylwild on foot.

Can someone here tell me if the Pines-to-Palms highway is busy enough that I would be likely to get to Anza or Idylwild and then down to Lake Morena?

~Craig