[pct-l] Whitney Portal Question

Sam Harbuck samwise3929 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 16:54:06 CDT 2007

Hi,

  I had a permit question. I've gotten some different information from websites and books, and was wondering if anyone here could answer it for me.

  I'm planning on starting my hike at Whitney Portal, and heading north on the JMT, then continuing on the PCT. Is the PCT Thru-Permit all I need to get me through the Whitney Portal area? I'm NOT climbing Mt Whitney.

  Thanks,

  Sam