[pct-l] question about comfort

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Mon Aug 27 21:17:50 CDT 2007

Not the answer you want, but I think the only solution is to get used to
it.  That or carry a big thick and therefore heavy air mattress.

This summer I experimented at home. I slept on my carpeted bedroom floor
on my Therm-A-Rest backpacking air mattress and on my GoLite foam pad.
At least for me, I found little difference between them and even my
regular hard mattress. So I suggest your borrow a few different
combinations and try them out at home this fall or winter to see what
works best for you.

Mayabe someone else can comment about their experience with hammocks.

Also if you hike long and hard enough, you'll be so tired you will
easily fall asleep. Then you'll only wake up after you've slept for a
few hours. Or when I was younger on weekend trips I carried half a liter
of red wine and we joked about it being "liquid mattress". ;-)

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>