[pct-l] question about comfort

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Tue Aug 28 08:22:30 CDT 2007

I'm a side sleeper who rolls around alot. Over the past thirty years, I've tried just about everything from the old blue pads to Thermarests. Nothing (backpackable) is as comfortable as the Big Agnes Insulated Air Core pad. I'll carry the 24 ounces; it's heavenly. Traded in the mummy style for a full 20x72 after the first night; my arms and feet kept migrating off the mummy version.

Hiking in Yosemite with my son this month, he decided to take a nap. Starting on his Thermarest, he eyed my BA, rolled over onto it, and was out like a light in a heartbeat. Had to kick him off it so I could sleep that night.