[pct-l] Glacier Peak Section

Donald Pierce golfchief at msn.com
Tue Aug 28 23:48:36 CDT 2007

Just walked from Stevens Pass to Chiwawa River.  Indian Creek Trail (PCT Detour) is pretty overgrown but passable and fairly easy to follow.  Just before Indian Creek Trail crosses Indian Creek there is a good ford of the White River which takes you right onto the  White River Trail saving 4 miles or so.  We may have gone through Boulder Pass and if we did, we sure didn't see any signs of fire.  If the Forest Service reads this, we didn't go that way.  It was wet and foggy the two days before.

The ford of the Napeequa was about thigh deep.  Little Giant was nasty but then I guess it always is.  The ford of the Chiwawa was mid mid-calf deep.

We saw Billy Goat on the Chiwawa River Road.  He had walked from Stevens Pass to Coles Corner and then up Chiwawa to Trinity.  He had taken the detour of the detour to avoid the aforementioned Trail Closure.  He was doing good and on track to make Canada soon.

Hondo and Hawkeye