[pct-l] first aid info

V Hurst vjl_47 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 12:12:31 CST 2007

Better to learn the material and
carry it in your head, or printed as you said on a single sheet of
paper. What would be helpful is a one-page form to record facts during
an incident, sending a copy with the runner going for help. I used to
carry these, probably should again, but feel reasonably confident of
noting the relevant info (vital statistics, location, resources
available, resources needed, evacuation plan, etc.) in event of need.

****Check out Wilderness Solo, wilderness first aid classes or Adventure Medical I think offes them too. You would be surprised the different approaches to something like shock in regular RC first aid classes and wilderness first aid...think paramedics will be there in 3 minutes vs paramedics may never be there and you'll have go for help or walk out...
Taking a class assures you a book and REALLY good scenarios where you practice what you've learned...I would highly recommend them.  Right now Red Cross does not offer anything similar. more than JMHO :).

vera