[pct-l] Ursack(s) for Oregon

OMullis omullis at aircanopy.net
Tue Dec 4 23:21:23 CST 2007

Reading all the traffic regarding Ursacks and Garcias and BearVaults and Bearikades, primarily if not exclusively in the context of California PCT sections and, being the owner of a never-yet-used Ursack V27, intended for use in Oregon only Sept 2008...

I am wondering about the effectiveness and/or (f)utility of perhaps 'double-bagging'... that is, an Ursack within an Ursack...

Rather than eating the cost of my V27 to replace it with a (perhaps unneeded for Oregon and certainly heavier) BV / Garcia /Bearikade, might it not be sufficient and overall less costly for me to buy another V27 and double-bag?  I'd be out only $50 more, the twin V27s weigh in at 16 ounces combined, and, when used in conjunction with odor-proofing liners might just be a workable and sufficient food protection strategy for Oregon...

Your opinions will be appreciated and considered.

Thanks,
Ollen
Venus, TX