[pct-l] Water Purification

TYVEK pastafly at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 13 08:30:17 CST 2007

tyvek here,

     i have hiked the entire trail in 2005 and 700 miles from mexico to the sierras in 2007.

  in 2005 i only carried aqua mira, and used it only if i questioned the water source.  mostly in southern california.  after southern california, i only used it a handful of times, mostly i would just drink the water without treating.  in 2007 my wife and i carried aqua mira mostly and for a little bit  a katydin filter.  we used the aqua mira alot beacuase of the bad water this year.

   in the future i thought about carrying along the  Vario water filter.  i cant remember the manufacterer.    after you get in the sierras you only need something along the lines of aqua mira. and that is only for back up,  most of the time you can just drink the water without doing anything to it.

     have a wonderful hike!!!

TYVEK.