[pct-l] Getting Fleeced

stewjohns at comcast.net stewjohns at comcast.net
Tue Dec 18 13:09:31 CST 2007

Mags writes:
SOOOOO....

If you move all day and/or don't mind being in your bag at night (I don't), get
a windshirt
If you like socializing a bit and/or being out of your bag (which I do at times,
esp. when not thru-hiking), get a Primaloft type jacket
If you are on a budget, get the M-65 liners (heck, if I already did not have a
Montbell Thermawrap and did not need one desperately last year, I'd probably get
one!)

Fleece, while warm is heavy, bulky and usually not wind resistant. Best for
around town or for times when you are not doing anything aerobic (downhill
skiing, sitting in a tree stand, sipping lattes on Pearl St. in Boulder. :D

Well I guess the Windshirt is the way to go, so I think I will order that first, and take it for a test drive.  If it's not enough, than I will look into a Primaloft Jacket.  I gotta say tho, the image of sipping a latte on Pearl St. in Boulder is a pretty strong argument for going with fleece.

Doc Holiday