[pct-l] Newbie Question WRT N-to-S Thru-Hike

Cohen, Daniel NAVAIR/NATEC CODE 6.7 daniel.cohen at navy.mil
Tue Dec 18 13:39:08 CST 2007

Hi.  I'm a Newbie to the PCT-L and this is my first post.  I'll address
the circumstances that have caused me to become OBSESSED with the PCT in
a future post.  The questions really nagging at me are;

1.  What are the rules or guidelines for a southbound thru-hiker similar
to the northbound hike?  Obviously I'm referring to the calculation
associated with snow pack and departure from Kennedy Meadows.

2.  What are the other considerations for a SB hike that makes it
generally less favorable over the NB trek?

I live in the San Diego area and from a psychological standpoint, at
least for me, I'd like to hike home vs. the trip home after the
thru-hike.  All responses are appreciated.

Thumper