[pct-l] ADZPCTKO

Bighummel at aol.com Bighummel at aol.com
Fri Dec 28 18:02:07 CST 2007

The water caches on the extreme southern, mostly desert sections of the
trail are funded to a large part by excess funds derived by the ADZ.  "To a  large
part" as the rest of payment for this is derived from the hours, the  muscle
and passion of the volunteers who choose to do this.  A big part of  the
reason the ADZ was started was to attempt to lighten the load and ensure  that
those who do water cache down there do not burn out, do not duplicate  efforts and
continue for many future years.

How can you help?  All who attend the ADZ and are not a current year  thru or
significant section hiker are asked to donate to cover their own costs  and
those of our guests, and to help fund an annual gift to our host, the great
Lake Morena County Park, and help fund the water cachers and help fund the
reservation that we have to put in a year in advance.

Happy Holidays!

Greg "Strider" Hummel
ADZPCTKO Coordinator