[pct-l] ADZPCTKO

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Sat Dec 29 11:14:25 CST 2007

On Dec 28, 2007, at 9:17 PM, Steve Fosdick wrote:

> KG, I couldn't agree more. I was reading one of the journals
> complete with photos, and there was a photo of a water cache. Next
> to the cache, on the edge of the trail, were about 100 + empty 1
> gallon water bottles in a big pile. What an eye-sore! If every
> hiker just took one empty bottle, tied it to the outside of their
> pack, and carried it to the next place where they could deposit it
> in a trash can, what a difference it would make. And leaving
> anything else there in the way of trash would be a real slap in the
> face to the angels that do the hard work of carring in the water in
> the first place.

I'm pretty sure that many of the cache maintainers reuse those empty
plastic
bottles instead of throwing them in the trash.  That practice doesn't
help the eye-sore problem, but I think it is better than adding to the
local landfill.

I think the 'trash' that people are talking about is food wrappers and
such rather than the empty cache bottles.

Radar