[pct-l] Hair

Patrick Beggan meta474 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 13:30:38 CST 2007

I know most of my fellow male hikers choose to go unshorn for their
hike but I plan on staying buzz-shaved both on my head and my face (as
much as possible -- and I don't plan on razor-shaving, just buzzing it
down with clippers whenever possible). I hate extraneous hair. I find
beards to be uncomfortable and long hair a liability. I can go much
longer without a shower if I have a shaved head than if I let my hair
grow out -- greasy hair always drives me to shower before any smell
starts to bother me, when I'm in the wilderness. :P

How does everyone else stand having one of those huge thru-hike
beards? After my facial hair gets longer than a quarter inch it starts
to itch and pull at my face when I lay down.

What're everyone else's feelings on the topic?