[pct-l] A little input needed.

matt maxon matt at mattmaxon.com
Tue Feb 6 08:36:49 CST 2007

Here in SoCal we use low gaiters  to keep stones and other debris out
of our shoes.

The  knee high  variety is useful  in warding off scrub oak, stickers,
and thorns.

Do you need them, no. It is a style choice.

I generally don't like to use them because they are a trip hazard.

If you are using trekking poles this is less of an issue, for sure

Thanks for enduring my random thoughts on gaiters

Regards
Trail90