[pct-l] Foam Pad Under Tent

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Wed Feb 7 22:31:41 CST 2007

> I was doing something similar, but I got annoyed with rocks, pine needles,
> and other sharp objects getting lodged in the underside of my foam.

I rolled over and the rock we hadn't seen when we put up the tent tried
to bruise my thigh.  I knew it was there.  We'd joked about it for what,
20 minutes?  I read five pages while you made a nest around it.  This
was a pretty obvious statement - there is a rock between us.  I had my
sensors out, wondering if this was taking us to the next level of our
relationship or was it your way of declaring your intention to move on,
to create your life with me so I was a minor character actor, at best.

I think my annoyance came from the general "idea" of bumps - rocks, pine
needles, and other sharp objects.  Especially a bump that had us own
shaped spaces that weren't really comfortable - wouldn't I REALLY rather
play with you than read this airport novel???

I really can't imagine you not being here when I wake up.  That is a
HUGE sharp object.

I think you pitched the tent here to make the point that we weren't
working, that I couldn't come up with a reason -  wasn't trying to
romance  you...

 -THat "WE" were working.  I agreed - we weren't working.  We weren't
working...  We     Weren't   Working...

Imagine a crescendo here.  Two together people in a big pipeline moving
them into another form of relationship.  Lots of time between these two
sentences.

So privileged to be setting up a tent in this high basin with you...
The Upper Basin with a cloud stream moving over the Kings River...

You pitched the tent to protect yourself.  That rock is the dying of "Us."

The underside of the foam...   I ...  SEarch for...   THe UNdErside of
the FOaM!!!!

AAggggghhh...

Jeff, just Jeff...