[pct-l] Foam Pad Under Tent

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Feb 7 23:48:10 CST 2007

_ian.carbone at gmail.com_ (mailto:ian.carbone at gmail.com)   writes:

I was  doing something similar, but I got annoyed with rocks, pine needles,
and  other sharp objects getting lodged in the underside of my  foam.
Yes, that can be a problem.  What I do is use the egg shell  side of the foam
on the ground side.  This is because I Velcro the smooth  side of the foam
pad to the bottom of my tent.  This helps with the pad not  picking up so many
things on the ground.

Also, I still police the ground where I am going to place the tent just  like
I would with a ground cloth.  That usually takes care of most debris
problems.  In the morning I quickly clean the foam off and roll it up and  attach it
to the outside of my Ray Jardine style Breeze pack.

Thanks, Switchback