[pct-l] Gossamer Gear G4 vs. newer Mariposa packs

Slow Comfort slow.comfort at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 00:51:01 CST 2007

I was going to buy the Mariposa but they were not in stock yet, and I
needed a pack for a coming hike, so I ordered the G4. I also wanted to
make sure I'd like it for the PCT and used it for 3 days in the
Superstitions and a couple of days on the flat desert.  I've been
concerned that perhaps I should have waited to buy the Mariposa, but
from what's been posted maybe I'm better off with the G4 afterall.
One thing for sure, it worked good for me.  I've got a 24in lumbar and
ordered the large.  I used the sitlite pad with the grooves toward my
back so I got ventilation and support.  I packed 25lbs plus and
believe it will do nicely on the PCT.  I'm very satisfied with the G4.

Slow