[pct-l] Hiking in Rain Gear

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Mon Feb 12 16:26:12 CST 2007

In a message dated 2/12/2007 2:03:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
footslogger03 at yahoo.com writes:

I  have FroggToggs too (and at the risk of repeating myself    ...yes,  I'm a
gearhead !!)  Carried the jacket all the way to Katahdin but hardly  ever
wore it (except when I did laundry).  Sent the pant home.   Guess I could
consider carrying that jacket on the PCT.  Just can't make  up my mind what makes the
most sense.  I've got time to think about  it.

Oh, I wouldn't trust an old set.  What kept me warm and dry in WA  didn't in
MT, so I sent for my Gor-Tex which worked great in the cooler  weather, but
weighed another 1.5 lbs.

The pants will come in handy in WA.  Lots of time you're rubbing  against wet
brush and within seconds a nylon pair of convertibles is  drenched.  On the
last night I had to sleep in my set when my  down bag got wet.

Sly