[pct-l] hike4health - or lemons from lemonade

Jeff Moorehead jeffmoorehead1 at cox.net
Tue Feb 20 15:35:15 CST 2007

JJ,
 What a great idea! Here I did the trail last year and already feel like I
am slipping into that inactive mode in which it is so easy to just sit
around and put on the pounds (hastened by that caloric imbalance that sets
up betwen hunger-driven food consumption and energy expenditure immediately
upon completing a long hike). As a result, I really want to get out and hike
and start getting that lean hiker body back. Also, prospective long-distance
hikers might be interested in using your web page as a training regimen as
well.
 Here are my suggestions:
 1. Suggested regimens for using hiking to get in shape-- i.e. a schedule
for mileage, terrain, goals for calories burned-- depending on your current
fitness level.
 2. Popular hikes to take based on the time allowed, fitness level grade,
and location.
 3. A discussion of new equipment to make hiking enjoyable.
 4. Goals for a hike (other than 'just to get to the other side'). For
example, I would personally suggest some sort of natural history excercise
or photo/video project. Perhaps you could have a forum dedicated to this.

 Anyway, just some suggestions-- let us know how the web page progresses.
Whiptail