[pct-l] Digital Camera with powerful zoom option?

c.engberg at cox.net c.engberg at cox.net
Thu Feb 22 17:58:07 CST 2007

You might also check out the Nikon S10. 6MP with 10x optical zoom, Nikkor glass lens and actual image sensor shift vibration reduction.

Have had mine for a few months now. Has a pretty good macro setting and the zoom is amazing ( I would look into a small tripod - like a Gorillapod- as its nearly imposible to hold still at 10x)- though the vibration reduction helps. I love the pivot -very sturdy feeling- and gives a wide grip for big hands (useful when snowboarding with gloved hands) as well as making it easy for 'above the crowd' shots or shots close to the ground. Night shots arent great- but youll get that in any compact camera(due to the sensor size)- but the flash is pretty decent. Also has available video recording and voice caption recording. Uses the small SD card.

I would head down to your local Camera shop (find one privately owned like a Cal's Camera) and talk to them. They should let you play with the floor model and take some shots with any of the cameras and they gear you towards the best choice for your purposes.

Good luck in your search.

-Chris
c.engberg at cox.net

---- Mark Jernigan <footslogger03 at yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
Check out the Canon A710.   Has 6X     ...yes 6x zoom, plus image stabilization

  That's where I'm headed  ...

  'Slogger

Moynihan <mary.moynihan at gmail.com> wrote:
  I currently use a Pentax E10: 6 MP, 3X zoom, video recording option, with
battery about 6 oz. Its great on the quality of the images except in the
case to focus in on really small scale objects, such as a bumblebee or
anything 1-3 inches size.

Any recommendations? I am lost searching. I am willing to spend some money
for the quality. Must work with the small SD card.

Thanks

~Spirit
unsubscribe or change options:

unsubscribe or change options: