[pct-l] Bringing friends to hike part of the trail - could use some suggestions

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Tue Jan 2 17:16:33 CST 2007

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

I guess starting early isn't a terrible idea.  I like the idea of doing the
hike as linearly as possible and shy away from plans that involve jumping
around, but I do remember that once you're out there that sort of ideal
seems a lot less important.

One thought though ... I remember the first few nights in socal getting
extremely cold at night.  Ice on the inside of the tarptent.  One of my
buddies is about as skinny as a human being can be, I'm expecting cold
nights'll be an issue for him.  Would starting a week or two early mean more
cold nights?  Does a couple weeks make much of a difference down there?

Keep in mind that we're going to be planning on 10 to 15 mile days so a 110
mile stretch will take more than a week.

The final issue is how to get them from Warner Springs back to an airport in
time for their flight back to job-land.

Paul